Bamboo vs plastic toothbrush

In today’s world there’s a massive array of toothbrushes, in all kinds of colours, shapes and sizes. Unfortunately most of them are made of plastic. In fact, 99% of the world’s population is used to brushing their teeth with a plastic toothbrush. Unfortunately most of them unknowing of the fact that these cause major environmental damage.

In the US alone, over 1 billion plastic toothbrushes are thrown away every year. Only 10% of them get recycled, so the other 90% either end up in the ocean and landfills across the world, or get burned, putting loads of harmful gasses into our air. Eventually they contaminate our planet’s air, water, animals and food.

Plastic toothbrushes landfillEvery year 8 million tons of plastic finds its way into our oceans.

So there’s an urgent need for a better alternative and bamboo happens to be the perfect one. The bamboo we use to make Wambu toothbrushes is grown organically without any chemicals or pesticides. But most importantly it is fully biodegradable. A bamboo toothbrush will only take 6 months to decompose. In addition to the environmental benefits, Wambu brushes are also naturally anti-bacterial.

The production of plastic toothbrushes causes emission of several toxic chemicals, while producing bamboo toothbrushes is a totally natural process with completely harmless materials.

Bamboo plant

Our bamboo toothbrushes are BPA-free, non-GMO, 100% vegan and non-toxic. Swapping your plastic brush for a bamboo one may be an easy decision to make for you, yet it is one with great impact. So let’s spread the word and brush with Wambu.

Older Post Newer Post